Dishwashers is a best and very effective at cleaning baby bottles, but they cannot sterilize them because sterilization is another method and washing and cleaning is other. Sterilization is the process in which we cleaned a microorganisms germs viruses bacteria spores with the help of boiling and steaming method because it is the best method for things like this.
Most dishwashers are reach on the limited temperature and do not reach at the high temperature for sterilization. Only some dishwashers are modern and include sanitizing cycle which only reach temperatures of around 150 degree fahrenhiet. This is not enough to kill all germs and microorganism.
Additionally,many of the baby bottles have small piece or part such as nipples and valves that can be very hard to clean in the dishwasher this small part can be stuck in the dishwasher filter which has very hard to remove it .
How to sterilize baby bottles
There are a different ways to sterlize baby bottles properly. The most common from these to clean them r boil them in boiled water to do this first you put the baby bottles in a large pot and anything which holds water and bring it to boil properly boil the bottles for at least 5 to 10 minutes then remove it from the water after boiling it properly using of tongs
One more way to sterlize baby bottles properly is using a steam sterilizer.steam sterilizers is electronic device that make steam that kill microorganism and germa that we dont see with human eye to use a steam sterirlizer simply follow the given instruction on a instruction paper and box of this
You can also sterlized baby bottles by using of chemical that disinfectants yet it is very important to choose that not all disinfectants chemicals are sfae for sterlize baby bottles so choose it surely a disinfectant that is original and had a labeled on it for use on baby bottles.
Tips for cleaning and sterilizing baby bottles
- Wash your hands properly with handwash soap and water before and after cleaning and sterilizing baby bottles.
- Take apart all parts of the baby bottle before cleaning and sterilizing them.
- Clean the baby bottles with a original dish soap and a bottle brush. Be sure to clean all of the small parts, such as the nipples and valves.
- washout the baby bottles thoroughly with water after cleaning them.
- Sterilize the baby bottles using one of the methods described above.
- Allow the baby bottles to air dry completely before using them.
Why is it important to sterilize baby bottles?
Sterilizing baby bottles is important for the baby because its sensitive and kill al of the harmful germs and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. Harmful bacteria are dangerous for babies cause many illness in babies include diarrhea vomitiing fever.
When should you sterilize baby bottles?
You should sterlize baby bottle when you using it for first time and after each use of baby. It is important to sterlize baby bottles if the have been dropped of in the contact with sick and ill person in their home..
How often should you sterilize baby bottles?
After each use you should sterlize baby bottles, if your baby is under 6 months old, was born permaturely, or has a some illness or weakened immune system. If your baby is older than 6 months old and has a healthy immune system, you may be able to sterkize baby bottle less than before.yet, it is important to sterilize baby bottles at least once a day.
Can I sterilize baby bottles in the microwave?
Yes you can sterlize your baby bottles in microwave there are modern and special microwave use for sterlization available to buy yet it is essential to follow instructions carefully when using it.
Can I sterilize baby bottles in the dishwasher?
No, you cannot sterilize baby bottles in the dishwasher because dishwasher only for cleaning and washing purpose. As mentioned above, dishwashers do not reach the high temperatures necessary for sterilization.
Dishwashersare only use to clean and wash baby bottles the are not able to sterlize them to sterlize baby bottles you can use the above method taht you can boilit in wateruse a steam sterilizer or use a disinfectant chemical surely to follow the instructions when using any of these above methods
- It is very important that if you sterilize baby bottles you would still wash and clean them properly before each use
- You should replace the baby bottles of every 3 to 6 months or soon if they become damaged or cracked from somewhere
- Probably not microwave the formula and milk in the baby bottles this can cause milk or formula to overheated and cause burning in baby bottles
- Always test the temperature of milk and formula before feeding it tour baby
If you have any questions or concerns about cleaning and sterilizing baby bottles, be sure to talk to your pediatrician.